Dual Enrollment/Early College Opportunities
There are many opportunities for students to take college level courses and earn college credit through a Madison Park program called RoxMAPP. RoxMAPP (Roxbury Massachusetts Advanced Post-Secondary Pathways) at Madison Park is a dual enrollment/early college program for 10th-12th graders. RoxMAPP prepares students for postsecondary success while enrolled at Madison Park Technical Vocational High School.
Students are able to earn up to 15 transferable college credits at the following RoxMAPP consortium schools: Bunker Hill Community College, Roxbury Community College, Wentworth Institute of Technology and Benjamin Institute of Technology.
Students are provided with the opportunity to take the Math and English Accuplacer at Madison Park to determine appropriate placement in college courses.
Students enrolled in the RoxMAPP Dual Enrollment/Early College Program will receive the following:
- FREE College Credits, Tuition and Books while taking classes
- Allows students to earn high school and college credits
- Get a head start on college & career exploration, while engaging in work-based learning opportunities
- Experience a college campus
- Individualized & group advising
- Personalized college course selection
Dual Enrollment allows MPTVHS students to earn college credit while also receiving credit toward a high school diploma. The primary focus of the program is to develop students to be academically ready and prepare them for college by giving them the opportunity to experience a college level class before they graduate from high school.
If you are interested in enrolling in a college class at Roxbury Community College, Wentworth Institute of Technology and Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology to earn both high school and college credit, please do the following to apply:
Request an RECHS application from email@example.com
- Take Accuplacer placement exam
- Current MPTVHS transcript
- Letter of recommendation from guidance counselor
- Recommendation for Vocational Teacher and Academic Teacher
RoxMAPP Early College (RECHS):
The RECHS program is open to all students at MPVTHS. There is no minimum GPA requirement for entry into the program to ensure that prior performance is not a barrier to future success and to provide options to students for whom the traditional high school experience is not a good fit. Accuplacer test scores also are not a barrier to participation, but are used to determine college course enrollment options and appropriate classes for which a students is eligible. Entry is possible at the start of each semester. Exit options include the college add/drop period, course withdrawal and exit at the end of any given semester.
If you are interested in a pathway to earning 12 or more college credits at Bunker Hill Community College, please do the following to apply:
- Students must complete the following as part of the admissions process
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Vocation Teacher
- Meet with the RoxMAPP Director to discuss interest and review program expectations
- Follow all steps in the BHCC Dual Enrollment/Early College application process (https://www.bhcc.edu/admissions/dualenrollment/), including:
- Obtain a copy of high school transcript and SASID.
- Apply to the Dual Enrollment Program.
- Take the Accuplacer College Placement Test at the College’s Assessment Center.
- Register for a course by making an appointment with BHCC Dual Enrollment Staff.
- Attend a mandatory orientation session before classes begin.
Students, Parents/Guardians with questions please contact RoxMapp Director Taneka R. DeGrace (firstname.lastname@example.org).